Saturday, August 18, 2012

Featured Ebook : Awake in the Mad World by Damon Ferrel Marbut

Ebook : AWAKE IN THE MAD WORLD

Genre : Literary Fiction, Coming of Age

Author : Damon Ferrel Marbut

Author Website :  http://www.amazon.com/Damon-Ferrell-Marbut/e/B008E72MCK



Goodreads Author page :  
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6234255.Damon_Ferrell_Marbut

Author Blog :   www.damonferrellmarbut.com

Twitter handle : @dfmnola

Amazon Stores : Kindle and Paperback 

ISBN : 978-0-9855452-0-8 (Paperback ) and 978-0-9855452-1-5 (Smashwords Ebook)


Reviews : Multiple  5stars

Blurb :  “I hadn’t thought of it, in real truth. I hadn’t thought about love because when I was at work, I didn’t think, I am at work. I hadn’t thought, when I was at the grocery store, I am at the store. We just are where we are. We’re in what we’re in.”


Pete Rattigan is a frustrated young newspaper journalist caught up in uncertainty of the post-graduate “real world”. One night, one seemingly minor encounter sparks a philosophical journey which leads him to discover that in the most beautiful or even cruel moments of life, the power of friendship explains the power of the universe. And that perhaps there is no such thing as chance. With force, humor and sensitivity Damon Ferrell Marbut presents his debut, Awake in the Mad World, which frees its audience to believe again in the wildness of the young American heart, how it beats just to prove that it will always survive and succeed on its own terms. 


Great read, pleasantly surprised! July 22, 2012
By Andre
star star star star star
Format:Paperback
A friend referred me to this book saying it was well worth the read. At first I was skeptical but turned out he was more than right. I was quickly immersed in to the characters story. It was nice to be able to really relate to a book. It seems like so long since I have read a good story like this, one that takes me back as if the memories were my own.I highly recommend this book, A great coming of age story.

Coming of Age at Its Best, June 26, 2012
By mrsadams1
star star star star star Format:Paperback
With Awake in the Mad World, Marbut has written a coming of age novel that showcases so many of the issues of twenty and thirty-somethings in America today. He shows the disillusionment with established norms that so many encounter. His novel portrays this, "I went to college, what now?", mindset that has become more prevalent. His characters bring this issue to life and grapple with decisions of entering the workforce in a job that is meaningless or going to graduate school until they figure out what to do with their lives. Marbut's novel is a beautiful, thoughtful read.

 
 

No comments:

Featured Post

Collage - Top picks from HALL OF FAME - treat for book lovers

A big hello to everyone ! Today Literary Flairs brings forth top book features (selected from a great bunch of books featured here) spot...